Seattle Seahawks vs Los Angeles Chargers Game Preview
The Los Angeles Chargers took another loss last Sunday, falling prey to the New Orleans Saints. But they also had some positive takeaways. Rookie defensive lineman Jerry Tillery, for one, caused some havoc and Nitrogen Sports Blog noticed. The Seattle Seahawks, meanwhile, saw their rookies flash some talent as well. Safety Marquise Blair is looking like a ball hawk that can really transform Seattle’s secondary.
Both squads will be featuring a lot of backup QB battles in their remaining exhibition matchups. Nitrogen Sports Blog breaks down all you need to know for the matchup in this Seahawks vs Chargers preseason game preview 2019.
Seahawks vs Chargers preseason game preview
When: Saturday, August 24, 2019, 10:00 PM ET
Where: Dignity Health Sports Park, Carson, California
NFL Odds: Seahawks (TBA) vs Chargers (TBA)
What to know about the Seattle Seahawks
Seahawks vs Chargers preseason game preview 2019 takes for Seattle:
- Seattle lost their second preseason game to the Minnesota Vikings, 25-19. Quarterback Russell Wilson looked sharp in limited action, though, completing 6 of 9 passes for 82 yards. Paxton Lynch also continued his solid play, but took a big head to head hit. His status is in question.
- DE Ziggy Ansah has a groin injury. He has been on the road back from a shoulder injury and head coach Pete Carrol says this is just a minor setback. Linebacker Shaquem Griffin is dealing with a knee injury and his game status is up in the air. Rookie WR DK Metcalf is scheduled to go under the knife to fix what seems to be a minor knee issue. Nevertheless, don’t expect him to appear in any of Seattle’s last two preseason games.
What to know about the Los Angeles Chargers
Seahawks vs Chargers preseason game preview 2019 takes for Los Angeles:
- The Chargers dropped their last preseason game to the Saints. They led for most of the contest but relented the lead late and fell 19-17 to New Orleans.
- WR Keenan Allen will be sidelined for the remainder of the preseason with an ankle injury.
- Safety Derwin James will be our indefinitely with a fort injury.
- QB Cardale Jones threw for 111 yards and a touchdown en route to a 118.5 passer rating.
- The Seahawks are 6-4 ATS in their last 10 games in the preseason.
- The Over is 3-1 in the Seahawks’ last four preseason games.
- The Chargers are 3-2 ATS in their last five preseason outings.
- The Under is 2-0 in the Chargers’ last two preseason games.
They say preseason games are a lie but that doesn’t mean it’s not fun to see some football being played again. What’s not a lie, though, is this Seahawks vs Chargers preseason game preview 2019 which we have packed with details that should help you decide on which side to bet on.