Baltimore Ravens vs Philadelphia Eagles Game Preview
Josh McCown is coming out of retirement to play football again and we all have the Philadelphia Eagles to thank for that, as they have just signed the journeyman quarterback for depth at the position. There’s a good chance that McCown will appear in Week 3 of the preseason.
Over at the side of the Baltimore Ravens, Lamar Jackson and company look to keep their preseason record spotless after winning their first two assignments. Nitrogen Sports Blog lists down the keys for the matchup in this Ravens vs Eagles preseason game preview to go along with its Week 3 odds.
Ravens vs Eagles preseason week 3 game preview
When: Thursday, August 22, 2019, 7:30 PM ET
Where: Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
NFL Odds: Ravens (-4) vs Eagles (+4)
What to know about the Baltimore Ravens
Ravens vs Eagles preseason game preview Week 3 takes for Baltimore:
- The Ravens looked dominant in their 26-13 home win over the Green Bay Packers. Rookie RB Justice Hill has been turning heads this preseason. He’s really showed off his explosive abilities and is making people think he can steal some touches from Mark Ingram.
- The Ravens are a little beat up on defense right now. They just got news that CB Tavon Young could be out for the season with a neck injury.
- Baltimore’s linebacker corps is also hurting. Several of their most important defenders were on the shelf at practice this week. Patrick Onwuasor, Chris Board, Kenny Young are all banged up and have unclear situations heading into the 3rd preseason game.
- Head coach John Harbaugh’s Ravens have not lost a preseason game since 2015.
What to know about the Philadelphia Eagles
Ravens vs Eagles preseason game preview Week 3 takes for Philadelphia:
- The Eagles defeated the Jaguars 24-10 on the road last Thursday.
- WR Mack Hollins made his return after missing the entire 2018 season. He hadn’t played since the Eagles’ appearance in Super Bowl 52. Now he hopes to bolster the Eagles’ air attack.
- The Eagles lost two potential backup quarterbacks in consecutive weeks. First, Nate Sudfeld broke his wrist in Week 1 of the preseason. Then, Cody Kessler suffered a concussion after starting the team’s second preseason game.
- Defensive end Daeshon Hall has the best pass rush grade of any player this preseason at 95.4.
- The Ravens are 2-0 SU this preseason
- The Ravens were 7-9 ATS in 2018
- The Eagles are 1-1 SU this preseason
- The Eagles were 8-8 ATS in 2018
The Eagles have a banged up quarterback group, which paved the way for the return of everybody’s favorite journeyman signal-caller in Josh McCown. Speaking of favorites, the Ravens are the chalks to win this match despite being the road team.
Which side are you betting on? For more NFL game previews, continue visiting Nitrogen Sports Blog. If you’re looking for an NFL Survivor Pool before the 2019 NFL season kicks off.