2019 NFL Parlay Week 6: Detroit Lions vs Green Bay Packers
The Green Bay Packers caught a body last weekend, as they embarrassed the Dallas Cowboys in Arlington. Up next for Aaron Rodgers and company is a meeting with the Detroit Lions, who are well-rested coming off a bye. Nitrogen Sports Blog brings you a preview of this highly anticipated Sunday game.
Include this Game of the Week matchup in your 8-game NFL parlay to claim 0.005 BTC worth of free bet.
Lions vs Packers Week 6 game preview
When: Monday, October 14, 2019, 8:15 PM ET
Where: Lambeau Field, Green Bay
2019 NFL Odds: Detroit Lions (+6) vs.Green Bay Packers (-6)
What to know about the Detroit Lions (2-1-1)
The Lions went into their bye in Week 4 feeling salty about their 34-30 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs at home. Detroit had the lead entering the fourth quarter of that game, but the Chiefs’ offense was ultimately too much for Detroit in the clutch. Still, Detroit, in the loss, showed it can hang with the best of them during Year 2 of Matt Patricia’s reign as head coach of the franchise.
Matthew Stafford threw for 291 passing yards and three touchdowns against the Chiefs, while Kerryon Johnson picked up 125 rushing yards on 26 carries. Kenny Golladay continues to be a huge problem — literally and figuratively — after catching two more touchdowns in their last outing. Johnson is making things happen in the backfield, thanks to Detroit’s dedication to the run game.
The Lions are 11th in the league with 120.5 rushing yards per game and sixth in rush play percentage (45.39).
What to know about the Green Bay Packers (4-1)
The Packers owned Dallas in Week 5, improving Aaron Rodgers’ career record to 7-2 against the Cowboys. After absorbing a tough 34-27 home loss to the Philadelphia Eagles in Week 4, the Packers toyed with Dallas in a 34-24 road win last Sunday. It was an impressive win for Green Bay, as the team was missing its best downfield weapon in DaVante Adams, who sat out the game due to a turf toe. His status is a week-to-week case, but based on Sunday’s game, the Packers are capable of sustaining a high-octane offense — with or without Adams.
Running back Aaron Jones exploded for 107 rushing yards and four touchdowns while adding up 75 receiving yards on seven catches. Jones was all over the field, and he and Rodgers could wreak havoc once again in Week 5 opposite Detroit, which is just 29th in the NFL in total defense.
Fantasy Football spin
- There are four teams on bye next week (Buffalo, Chicago, Indianapolis, Oakland), and while none of those squads’ starting quarterbacks are must-owns in standard leagues, some could be looking for upgrades at least for Week 5. Enter Matthew Stafford, who passed for 492 yards and four touchdowns without an interception in the Lions’ last two games. The Packers’ defense has given up five passing touchdowns since Week 4.
- Geroninmo Allison only had 28 receiving yards on two catches in the Dallas game, but he got six targets — the most he’s had so far this season. He should continue getting looks from Rodgers, especially if Adams sits out another game. The former Illinois wideout is only rostered in fewer than 40 percent of ESPN leagues.
- The Lions are 4-1 ATS in their last five road games.
- The over is 6-4 in the Lions’ last 10 road games.
- The Packers are 6-4 ATS in their last 10 home games.
- The Packers are 4-1 ATS in their last five games.
It’s going to be another action-packed NFL season, but Nitrogen Sports has something to make it even more exciting, as we are running the NFL Parlay Promo this 2019. Just include the given game of the week in your 8-leg parlay to get up to 0.005 BTC in free bet prize, as mentioned above.