Dallas Cowboys vs. San Francisco 49ers Preseason Week 1 Game Preview
It may be an NFL preseason game, but anytime the Dallas Cowboys and the San Francisco meet on the field, people are going to watch. Nitrogen Sports Blog takes a look at what to expect in this Cowboys vs. 49ers preseason game.
Dallas Cowboys vs San Francisco 49ers week 1 preseason game preview
When: Saturday, August 10, 2019
Where: Levi’s Stadium, Santa Clara, California
NFL Odds: Dallas Cowboys (+3.5) vs.San Francisco 49ers (-3.5)
What to know about the Dallas Cowboys
- Ezekiel Elliot is currently holding out, and is continuing to miss Dallas practice sessions. The Cowboys are not showing signs that they will give in to the pressure of Zeke’s absence. In the meantime, rookie running back Tony Pollard should see a lot of action. Pollard is a versatile back. He’ll have the opportunity to carve himself out a role even if Zeke comes back full steam.
- Wide receiver Amari Cooper left practice this week with a heel injury. Don’t expect to see him on the field.
- Dak Prescott threw for 139 yards and two TDs during his preseason debut in 2016.
- Speaking of the name Cooper, the Cowboys will have Cooper Rush, Mike White, and Taryn splitting the duties under center, as their competition for the backup role will serve as an item to watch in this Cowboys vs. 49ers preseason collision.
What to know about the San Francisco 49ers
- Even though San Francisco quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo will not be on the field in Week 1 of preseason, the 49ers will still have some interesting players to watch. A bunch of new additions are giving the Niners hope coming into 2019, and this will be the first time, we’ll be able to look at them in competitive action. First-round pick and defensive stud Nick Bossa will be making his preseason debut along with promising wide receivers Jalen Hurd and Deebo Samuel. Plus, new running back Tevin Coleman will get a shot to show how he fits in the lineup.
- Linebacker Dee Ford underwent treatment for tendinitis and will not be available.
- As noted in this Cowboys vs. 49ers preseason game preview, Garoppolo will be sitting out the matchup with Dallas, so watch out for the tandem of Nick Mullens and CJ Beathard to run the offense from the quarterback slot.
- The 49ers were 15th in total offense in 2018.
The UNDER is 2-1 in the Cowboys’ last three preseason outings.
The 49ers are 4-5-1 ATS in their last six preseason games.
Apart from this Cowboys vs. 49ers preseason Week 1 game preview, readers of Nitrogen Sports Blog can also view breakdowns of other NFL games. And while you’re at it, check out our NFL betting guide, which is a good place to start learning how to wager on the most popular league in North America.
Nitrogen Sports is also hosting an NFL Survivor Pool this 2019, so if you’re done reading this piece, you can register and join a pool for a chance to take home a hefty Bitcoin jackpot.