Cleveland Browns vs Indianapolis Colts Week 2 Preseason Game Preview
The Cleveland Browns have as much buzz surrounding them as any team in the NFL. Nitrogen Sports Blog knows how dangerous — at least on paper — the Browns are following major changes on their roster and coaching staff over the past couple of years.
In their first preseason game of 2019, the Browns destroyed the Washington Redskins on both ends of the field. The Indianapolis, on the other hand, fell prey to the Buffalo Bills last week, and won’t have Andrew Luck under center to help them bounce back.
Learn more about this matchup in our Browns vs Colts Week 2 preseason game preview.
Browns vs Colts Week 2 preseason game preview
When: Saturday, August 17, 2019
Where: Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana
NFL Odds: Cleveland Browns (+3) vs. Indianapolis Colts (-3)
What to know about the Cleveland Browns
- Baker Mayfied looked great in his first outing of 2019. The former Heisman Trophy out of the Oklahoma Sooners program converted 5 of 6 passes for 77 yards and a touchdown in a brief appearance during their 30-10 home win over the Redskins. It’s just a preseason game, but it’s undeniable that the Browns are giving off the feeling that they are for real.
- Cornerbacks Demarious Randall and TJ Carrie are dealing with injuries while wide receiver Antonio Callaway is suspended four games by the NFL.
- Rookies Greedy Williams and Mack Wilson both recorded an interception in their preseason debuts against the Redskins.
- Browns vs Colts Week 2 preseason stats preview for Cleveland: 11th in total offense in 2018 with 368.8 yards per game.
What to know about the Indianapolis Colts
- Although they finished with 105 rushing yards in last week’s 24-16 road loss to the Buffalo Bills, the Colts can’t be happy about the production of their backfield, mainly because half of those came from quarterback Chad Kelly, who had 53 rushing yards on four carries.
- Andrew Luck is dealing with an injured calf. The injury has kept Luck off the practice field and away from preseason action. The Colts expect him back for Week 1 of the regular season against the Los Angeles Chargers on the road.
- Rookie kicker Cole Hedlund was 3-for-3, including a 42-yard FG in his preseason debut.
- Browns vs Colts Week 2 preseason stats preview for Indianapolis: eighth in scoring defense in 2018 with 21.2 points allowed per contest.
- The Browns are 4-0 SU/ATS in their last four preseason games away from Cleveland.
- The UNDER is 4-0 in the Colts’ last 10 preseason games at home.
The Browns are getting all the hype. Do you think Indianapolis will stop Baker Mayfield and company on their tracks? Swing by our NFL betting guide before making a pick for this game and after reading this Browns vs Colts Week 2 preseason game preview.
While you’re at it, we’re inviting you to join Nitrogen Sports’ NFL Survivor Pool — the biggest of its kind online.