Badminton: Betting Strategies And Tips
Badminton is broken up into six main competitions:
- the Olympic Games,
- the World Championships (held every year except Olympic years),
- the Thomas Cup (a men’s team event held every two years),
- the Uber Cup (a women’s team event held every two years),
- the Sudirman Cup (a singles and mixed doubles event held every two years), and
- the Badminton World Federation Superseries (divided into 12 Open tournaments).
There are also many other competitions including the Intersport European Championships, happening now. For a full calendar of events, visit the Badminton World Federation (BWF) website.
With all of these tournaments, there seems to always be an opportunity to see Badminton action. The most common types of bets on Badminton are straight up bets – you are picking the outright winner of the match. Most matches are best of three rounds, with the winner of each round needing 21 points.
We recommend looking for individual player information on the BWF website. They can provide details on rankings and tournament results. Weather isn’t usually much of a factor in the outcome of a match, as Badminton’s an indoor sport.
So how do you choose a winner? Check our sports betting guide for more tips and strategies in betting.