Kawhi Leonard to the LA Clippers? Join Nitro’s 2019 NBA Free Agency Contest
The NBA doesn’t really go into hibernation. Sure, the 2018-19 season is over and done, with the Toronto Raptors bringing the Larry O’Brien Trophy to Canada, but the league will continue to grab headlines this summer because when it comes to generating drama, there’s nothing quite like the NBA Free Agency period.
Can the Raptors convince Kawhi Leonard to stay in Toronto? Will Kyrie Irving choose to embrace his role again as LeBron James’ sidekick, this time in Tinseltown? Is DeMarcus Cousins going to stick with the Golden State Warriors?
All these questions are going to be answered in the offseason, and we want you to predict where each of the 20 free agents we have listed below will be signing deals with this summer.
Enter your predictions and get a chance to grab the lion’s share of the 0.16 BTC Free Bet (~$1500) Prize Pool. A valid betslip to go with your predictions could also double up your potential winnings from this contest.
- 1st – 0.05 BTC free bet
- 2nd – 0.02 BTC free bet
- 3rd – 0.01 BTC free bet
*If you have submitted a valid betslip along with your predictions, you will receive 2x the allotted prize if you are one of the winners. (e.g. if you landed in 3rd place and submitted a betslip, you will receive 0.02 BTC free bets or double the 0.01 BTC prize for 3rd place.)
NBA Free Agency Contest winners (paid in bitcoin free bets)
- 2304236 – 14 points – 0.1 BTC*
- 535999 – 12 points – 0.02 BTC*
- 4960863 – 12 points – 0.01 BTC*
- 1118967 – 12 points – 0.01 BTC*
2019 Free Agent tracker
1. Kawhi Leonard– signed with the Clippers on a 4-year, $140.7 million deal.
2. Kyrie Irving – has agreed to a 4-year deal worth $141 million with the Nets.
3. Kemba Walker – has agreed to a 4-year deal worth $141 million with the Celtics.
4. Derrick Rose – has agreed to a $15 million, 2-year deal with the Pistons.
5. DeMarcus Cousins – inked a 1-year, $3.5 million contract wiht the Lakers
6. Tobias Harris – has agreed to ink a 5-year contract worth $180 million with the 76ers.
7. Nikola Vucevic – has agreed to sign a 4-year, $100 million deal with the Magic.
8. Brook Lopez – has agreed to a 4-year, $52 million deal with the Bucks.
9. DeAndre Jordan – has agreed to a deal with the Nets.
10. Bojan Bogdanovic– has agreed to a 4-year, $73 million deal with the Jazz.
11. JJ Redick – has agreed to a 2-year deal worth $26.5 million with the Pelicans.
12. Jamal Crawford – TBD
13. Rodney Hood – has agreed to a 2-year, $16 million deal with the Blazers.
14. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope – staying with the Lakers on a 2-year, $16-million deal.
15. Jonas Valanciunas– has agreed to a 3-year, $45 million deal with the Grizzlies.
16. Nikola Mirotic – reportedly headed to Europe.
17. Trevor ArIza – has agreed to a 2-year deal worth $25 million with the Kings.
18. JaMychal Green–has agreed to a 2-year deal worth $10 million deal with the LA Clippers.
19. Kevon Looney –re-signs with the Warriors for 3 years, $15 million.
20. Enes Kanter – agrees to a 2-year, $10 million deal with the Celtics.
How to Qualify
- You must have an account at nitrogensports.eu.
- Answer the form below for your 2019 Free Agency Predictions.
- Add a valid betslip to qualfy for double the prize;
- Retweet the contest post on Twitter and reply with comments* plus hashtag #NitroFreeAgencyFreeBets
*Any comments will do but talk about your Free Agency Predictions!
How to create a Nitrogen Sports account?
Active and news users are all welcome to join this contest. If you don’t have a Nitrogen Sports account yet, here’s how to create one:
1. Go to nitrogensports.eu.
2. Agree with the Terms and Conditions and select ‘Create my anonymous account’ on the pop-up screen.
3. Enter Captcha detail then select ‘Create New Account.’ (If prompted to provide Captcha detail)
Rules and Guidelines
- Deadline for entries is on June 30, 2019 @ 6:00 PM EST
- Only one entry per Nitrogen Sports account. Create account today if you do not have one.
- Players can submit up to one (1) bet slip per entry into this contest. All players with valid betslips are eligible to win double the bitcoin free bets if they are one of the winners.
- Each bet slip submitted should contain at least one (1) bet on any basketball event available on Nitrogen Sportsbook. Parlays are accepted as long as at least one leg is a basketball bet.
- Minimum bet: 0.002 BTC.
- Only betslips during the promo period (June 17 to June 30, 2019) will be accepted for this contest.
- Once players have submitted the form, it’s considered final and players won’t be allowed to change their predictions.
- In cases of ties, shared prize pool among the qualified winners.
- Examples for different scenarios. In case scenario not specified below, Nitrogen Sports will award the prize pool on a similar shared prize pool system for all tied players.
- Player A has 10 points, Player B has 8 points and Player C has 5 points; Players A, B and C will finish 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
- Player A and Player B have 10 points and Player C has 7 points; Players A and B will share the combined prize pool for 1st and 2nd, Player C will get 3rd.
- Player A, Player B and Player C have 10 points; Players A, B and C will share the combined prize pool for 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
- Player A has 10 points, Player B and Player C have 9 points; Player A will finish 1st, Players B and C will share the combined prize pool for 2nd and 3rd.
- If a player does not provide a valid Nitro ID, the player will be disqualified from the contest.
- If a player submits an empty field for their prediction, the player will earn 0 points for that entry. Any appeal for a delayed submission will be denied.
- Winners will be announced 3-4 days after all free agents have signed with their respective teams. (Projected to be around mid-July)
- NBA free agents begin negotiating their new contracts starting July 1 although they cannot officially sign deals until July 6. Because of the nature of the NBA Free Agency, official signing of players could drag past that date. For accuracy, we will only consider the official announcement via NBA.com or the NBA team involved.
- For the purpose of this contest, any player not officially signed on or before July 20, 2019, will be removed from the list. All entries from all players for the unsigned free agent will be voided and won’t count when the points are tallied.
- All free agent destinations will be graded in this contest according to reports which would appear on reputable online sports publications and databases, including — but not limited to — the following: NBA.com, ESPN, CBS, Spotrac, Sports Illustrated, official Twitter accounts of Adrian Wojnarowski, Shams Charania, Marc Stein, Dave McMenamin.
- Contest ruling on Sign-and-Trades: For any player in the list who will be involved in any sign-and-trades this free agency, their destination after the sign-and-trade will be the one considered as the correct prediction.
- Contest ruling on free agents with a Player Option: For any player on the list who have a player option, if that player decided to pick up the option and stay with his current team, that team will be considered the correct prediction.
- Players found to have circumvented the rules of this contest will be disqualified from winning and will be banned in all future contests and promos.